Amazon Shipping

Thursday, August 9, 2012

cocooning and decision..

I know I have not posted in a while.  I have been doing a variety of things--Josiah's birthday was yesterday--six years old.  I will have to go over to Blessings Beyond Measure and write about it later.  If my computer can handle it.  the cooling fan has stopped working, so i have a limited amount of time, even with ice packs under the computer, that I can be on the computer before it gets dangerously hot and risks burning out the system.  So, being a freelance writer is challenging when I have only short periods I can be on, and the have to take 30-45 minutes to let it cool down before starting again.  Articles are taking far longer to do this way. So blogging (and emailing friends) has had to take a back seat as I have been trying to get assignments done.  I have also been dealing with many decision making processes in variety of areas, none of which has reached a definite action point yet, which is making me cocoon a bit and withdraw from unnecessary tasks while I focus on these decisions...

Things I have been doing in working towards transforming my life, the topic of this blog...

My three goals mentioned in my previous post have been slow to make into habits, so I am continuing on working on integrating them into my life so that I do not even have to think about them.  Then I can add in another layer of transformation.

I have been reading a couple of good books lately, as well as some not worth mentioning (at least they did not speak to me really at this time).  I have started re-reading Start Where You Are: A Guide to Compassionate Living by Pema Chodron.  I read it a number of years ago, and in re-reading it I have found my thoughts, ideas, and understanding of life have shifted greatly over the past few years, so it is almost like reading it for the first time.  I am enjoying the content and ideals presented.  Reminding myself that I can only start from where I am, not where I want to be, in changing the way I interact with myself and with other people.  Being reminded that in order to show true compassion to others, I need to show compassion to myself, and from that letting go and moving past mistakes, I can forgive others their mistakes so that both I and they can move past them (if they decide to do so).

I am also reading The Tenth Insight by James Redfield.  It has been over 15 years since I first read The Celestine Prophecy, which I enjoyed greatly, but so much time as passed that I have forgotten the nine insights in that book.  So reading this sequel is taking some time as I have to draw on old memories.  It is good though, as these ideas remind me to see that everything happens for a reason, coincidences are messages to learn and grow from.

I'll mention other books in a later post.   I hope you all are well and enjoying the ongoing transformation taking place in your life every day, even in small ways...

No comments: