Amazon Shipping

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Life Circumstances prompt change

So it has been a long time since I have blogged. As with most people, my life ebbs and flows in ways that sometimes limit my abilities to blog, either from lack of time/space, or lack of motivation to write, or difficulty in figuring out what is appropriate to blog about and what is not.  So the past month or so has seen a bit of all three.

So, some happenings from the past few weeks to update on:

1)  In early February my car decided to begin having serious trouble, and after a few attempted repairs, I contact the school to let them know that the car would likely not last the month in transporting the kids to school as it is over 110 miles every day to do so.  So, starting on February 11, the boys began being transported by the school.  Thankfully, unlike the 2 weeks from hell this past summer, they are both riding well.  It helps that the driver and aide were prepared by the experiences from the summer, and the aide is actually sitting in the back of the van with the kids, instead of just riding copilot with the driver (which is oddly how many aides ride even though the whole point of having an aide on the bus/van is to manage the kids not just provide conversation to the driver).  G is dropped off 20 minutes into the ride,so the time the boys are together on the van is limited.  In the afternoon,they ride separate buses back.  Both kids are doing well with the change.  This now means that I am home during the day AND have lost my primary income source, as I was getting mileage reimbursement for the transportation and was using about 1/3 of the reimbursement to cover some of our basic household costs, as the other 2/3 were required for the gasoline and basic maintenance of the car.  So, it is an adjustment both in location and in finances which I am trying to resolve.

2)  My fairly new relationship with JM is going very well. It has been a long time since I have had that silly twitter-pated feeling
(From the movie Bambi "Flower: [about two birds fluttering around] Well! What's the matter with them? 
Thumper: Why are they acting that way? 
Friend Owl: Why, don't you know? They're twitterpated. 
FlowerThumperBambi: Twitterpated? 
Friend Owl: Yes. Nearly everybody gets twitterpated in the springtime. For example: You're walking along, minding your own business. You're looking neither to the left, nor to the right, when all of a sudden you run smack into a pretty face. Woo-woo! You begin to get weak in the knees. Your head's in a whirl. And then you feel light as a feather, and before you know it, you're walking on air. And then you know what? You're knocked for a loop, and you completely lose your head!" ).  Dictionary.com also defines it as " excited or overcome by romantic feelings; smitten."
It is a wonderful, amazing experience, and one that is stronger than I have felt with my previous relationship...maybe because I am older, or because I know more about who I want in my life and how I want to be treated, or because I have met a handful of not compatible people over the past year, or maybe I have just found an amazing person that I can connect deeply with on a number of levels.  So spending time each weekend with JM has also taken some of my time and energy, and also given me energy and joy.

3) School break was last week...9 days of the kids without school.  We had a very eventful week.  The first weekend, my best friend KP drove out from the Boston area (six hours away) to spend Friday evening through Monday morning with us.  We had a great time visiting with her.  She also go to meet my new dear, as JM came down for the day/evening on Saturday living 2 hours apart limits the time we get to spend together, so I am very glad my best friend got a chance to spend time getting to know my honey).  The boys were at AB's house (my ex) for Friday night, so we went down and picked them up Saturday evening and KP, JM, myself and the boys all went out for dinner at the Outback, courtesy of KP!  We had a great time the whole weekend, hung out at home all day sunday, did some shopping and stuff on Monday before she headed back home.  Then throughout the week, my niece and nephew came to play while my sister was at work.  So the boys had playmates all week.  And one of Josiah's friends from his time in Kindergarten came over for a couple of hours on Thursday, so they had fun reconnecting.  Then, over the second weekend the boys and I were invited up to JM's house to meet the family and spend a couple of days there, which was great. They headed back to school on Monday, though ave today off as a snow day as the roads were icy this morning and it has been snowing heavily since mid-morning.  I was supposed to do a training run on the buses that transport disabled adults from their residences to their day hab program, I am going to be an on call sub for them, which will hopefully bring in some income. But alas with the weather, everything was canceled this morning.

4)  My health has taken a back seat to other things, and as such,I have felt more yucky than normal.  I had been doing well with exercising at the YMCA, but alas with the inability to drive down every day, that has not been happening.  I did get an old elliptical machine out of the garage and am trying to get it working again.  But I have not been very focused on it.  I also have not been doing well with my food choices.  So I feel run down and tired much of the time. I need to renew my commitment to improving my overall health, particularly via my choices in food and exercise/activity.


No comments: