Amazon Shipping

Friday, March 22, 2013

Low carb,very flavorful lunch

So today I decided that I am getting tired of tuna fish with pickles,celery, and laugh cow cheese wedge, wrapped in a kale leaf.  While is tasty, it is getting old to have it too often.  So todayforlunch I triedsoemthign new:

one small to medium size boneless,skinless chicken breast, cubed
1/2 medium onion,sliced
2 TBS virgin coconut oil
1-2cloves garlic,chopped
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
herbs and spices (I used some oregano and some dried parsely)
salt and pepper
1/4 to 1/2 cup water

In a small frying pan, I heated coconut oil,then sliced the onions (you can chop them if you prefer), and caramelized them in the heated oil.  I chopped 2 medium cloves of garlic and added it ot the pan to raost with the caramelized onions.  I cubed a boneless,skinless chicken breast,and added it to the pan, tossing with the onions and garlic,and let the outside surfaces sear.  After the chicken browned on the surface, I added  the chili powder, salt, pepper, herbs and spices as desired. Then I reduced heat and added 1/4 to 1/2 cup of warm water to simmer,which de-glazed the pan while the chicken cooked and to steam cook the chicken and blend the flavors. I let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes, until the water had cooked out, with occasional stirring.

I completed the meal with some steamed broccoli on the side and a large glass of water.  A great, tasty, protien rich, low-carb lunch.

No comments: