Amazon Shipping

Monday, January 14, 2013

Day 8 New Start 2013--weird scale

Okay, so as I begin my second week of this new start to transforming my physical health, I stepped on the scale to see how my eating the last week impacted my weight, most of which was less than normal aside from two days that I went a little squirrely and ate like I had been eating, and I was discouraged.  Last week I weighed in at 285.2 lbs, so yes, I had gained some back over the holidays.  But I ate like a fool over the holidays.  Sure I kept up with the higher amounts of fruits and veggies, and lower amounts of commercially processed foods (aside from candy....is it any wonder my blood sugar has gone haywire?), but I did eat too much on many days and far too many simple sugars over the holiday season.  So it had not surprised me last week when I was back up to 285.  What did surprise me was that today the scale read 290.0 lbs, which does NOT make sense, as I have been eating less this week, and even doing some exercise.  So, yeah, I am feeling a bit discouraged, but also further motivated to push down two numbers--my blood sugar number and the number on the scale.

So this week, I am committing to redoubling my efforts.  I will not let emotional eating get the best of me, so instead of eating to feel better when attacked by strong and/or irrational emotions, I will:
--Stop and breathe, concentrating on my breathing until the flood subsides or at least lessens
--Get out and WALK, even if it is just 50 feet, to try to move the emotive chemicals in my body around and expend some energy
--Drink Tea or water

As a preventative measure to preemptively control challenging bouts of emotion which may increase the desire to eat for non-nutrient based reasons, I will:
--Try to get at least 6 hours of sleep a night (wouldn't that be something!?!)
--Exercise, walking or elliptical or step-ups, at least 45 minutes a day
--Pre-plan meals for the week, and stick to the plan
--Avoid stress-causing situations as much as it is possible to do so
--spend 10-30 minutes each day in meditation/prayer/contemplation
--make a reaonable to do list, amd focus on completing it
--Forgive myself for the tasks I did not finish today without negative self-talk

So today's food diary:
(Thus far 12:04 pm)
2 hard boiled eggs with salt
16 oz coffee with 1.5 TBS milk
5 cups water

Plan for the rest of the day:
lunch:
3 oz tuna
2 small dill pickles
1 TBS thousand island dressing
1.5 cups broccoli crowns raw
3 cups water

snack:
apple
1/4 cup almonds
tea

dinner:
3-5 oz lean steak
1.5 cups spinach, steamed
1 cup Kale, raw
1 TBS vinegar
tea

snack 2:
3 celery stalks, large
1/4 cup salsa
1.5 TBS sour cream
tea







No comments: