Amazon Shipping

Monday, January 27, 2014

The first day of the rest of your life....

Today is the first day of the rest of my life.  It is good to remember that each morning, that no matter what happened yesterday, that today is brand new, another day full of possibilities and potential.  Yes, you still deal with the consequences of yesterdays choices, they have a ripple effect, like begin 150 pounds overweight.  But I remember that it is an illusion to think that today has to be the same as yesterday.  Knowing I want a different, stronger, healthier tomorrow, knowing that it is not only possible but probable is a good thing.

Yesterday I was an obese, depressed, frustrated mother of two challenging kids, lover of a challenging fiance, and challenged by my economic situation.  TODAY I am getting stronger, healthier, happier, and more motivated by the moment.  My body may not know it yet, but I am a trim and healthy person.  My children may not know it yet, but they are overcoming their challenges and able to adapt and thrive regardless of their disabilities.  My fiance may not know it yet, but she has a great life ahead of her, one of stability, sobriety, and accomplishment that she can be proud of.  My bank account may not know it yet, but I am on the road to a debt free, financially free life, where money flows through me, not to me, so that others can also benefit from my financial freedom.

Today this blog will hit 20,000 page views.  That is amazing to me that enough people have read what I have written to top 20K reads.  Sure some of those are one time page views, others are repeat readers, but all in all, I am really struck by the fact that the internet allows me to ramble into the world and for others to hear it.  I can share my ups and down, I can write about my insights, inspirations and frustrations.  I can post pictures of a dog or my description of God.  20,000 page views...What do I want to share with the world?  Hopelessness? Fear? superficial crap? Recipes? Pictures of my puppy?  Joy? Gratitude? Power? A fresh perspective?

Today I will share that today is the first day of the rest of your life....it doesn't matter what you chose yesterday, it doesn't matter what happened to you yesterday, today is a new day....you can make a choice to start going in the direction you want to be tomorrow.  You are on a journey.  Whether the day is stormy or clear, warm or cold, alone or joined, you choose what you focus on, you choose the next step you take.  It may not be exactly what you want, but take the step that takes you in the general direction of where you would like to be.  That is what I want to share today.  Happy 20,000 to my readers old and new.  And welcome to the new day. We are all richly blessed.

No comments: