Amazon Shipping

Monday, January 13, 2014

Tracking daily intake harder on weekends

I have found that tracking food is much harder on the weekends...it is that whole routine thing!

I am hoping that today begins a new track in my life, this week may be rough, but if all goes well it will be worth it.  One of my stress over the past year or so has been a relationship I got into about a year ago.  We have had many ups and downs, but this weekend some things came to a head, and a decision had to be made.

My fiance struggles with alcohol addiction just like my ex did.  Though the monster they fight is the same, they are such incredibly different people--both are people of value and are worth having a good life, but I connect much more with my fiance than I did my ex.  I can not point to any one reason why.  Connection with others is not always easy to describe in tangible terms.  My ex has been in and out of treatment programs for the past couple of years, which is good that she is trying to get her life back together and knows that she needs help to do so.

Well, this weekend, as I have said from the beginning I can not handle living with an alcoholic AND i refuse to raise my children in an alcoholic household, but my fiance had been losing control of her drinking more and more, and making promises cut back or slow down.  But as longer and longer went by and things did not improve, I had finally made the decision that it was time to make the decision to choose what is best for my kids, which is to live in a stable, alcohol free household.  So last night I had a long talk (on top  of a number of other talks we have had over the past few months) and I said it was time.

She chose to go alcohol free.  so whatever it takes, she wants to be with me, with us, to form this family and build a better life, for herself, for us and for the whole family.

So we are all working on getting healthier, learning new coping skills, and finding more joy and happiness in a health life together--transformation at its best.  So while she works on overcoming alcohol addiction and I work on managing my diabetes and overcoming my weight issues, and the kids work on becoming more independent and overcoming their special needs challenges, we will be growing together as a family, and transforming together....it will be an interesting journey!
 and tomorrow I get back to better daily food tracking...



No comments: