Amazon Shipping

Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 22--I forgot to weigh in this morning

This weekend was very emotionally challenging, and I feel very drained.  So I have not slept well, and as such I was an idiot this morning and forgot to do my weigh in.  I hope you all can forgive me for that.  I will weigh in tomorrow, and post a pic of the weigh in.

I don't even think I blogged yesterday, and my scattered brain can not remember exactly what I ate (that is why I try to food journal on the blog twice a day as it is easy to forget, especially when your mind is very preoccupied.  I know that yesterday  I had:
A bowl of Frosted Shredded Wheat with milk in the morning
And i made pancakes, scrambled eggs, and sausage for lunch for all of us.
I am sure I snacked in the afternoon, probably cereal
For dinner we had brown rice with butter, salt and pepper, hot dogs, and snow peas.
Sometime in the evening I remember having a bowl of All Bran Strawberry Medley with milk
And I drank a full pot of tea between mid-morning and bed time (it was cold by mid-afternoon, but I drink it cold).
I think I actually ate more than that, but it is fuzzy....
Like I said I eat as a way to control strong emotions, and this weekend I have just let this situation rise to a crushing level within me.  And I do not have any other coping skills that are well established enough to really have any effect, so I resort to my primary coping skill--food.  Not healthy, but we all have to survive however we can.  i am not writing this to bitch or to defend my eating habits, just to remind myself that there are time to be gentle to your spirit, even if you do not like the way you have responded to things.  You can not get better, can not grow if you spend a lot of energy putting yourself down.

Today I stopped at Burger King and had a coffee, orange juice, sausage, egg and cheese sandwich, and their hash browns.  Some days I just don't care.  There are many more important things in the world and in my life than what I am eating.  But I made a commitment to blog, and even though I don't know if anyone else is reading it, I will still blog.  I will keep my word on that.  I'll write again later.  I feel down right now, and maybe getting back into the swing of things will help me feel better...so later the post should be better...

No comments: